I absolutely love muffins but most of them contain a lot of sugar and butter so I decided to make a healthier version of blueberry and banana muffins which are not only sugar free but butter free too.
These muffins are delicious ( you wouldn't believe they are healthy ;) )
1 cup of blueberries ( I used frozen)
1 large ripe banana
1 medium egg
1 and 1/2 cups of self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of Himalayan salt
4 tablespoons of milk ( add more if needed)
1/4 cup of real 100% maple syrup
1 tea spoon of pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil ( I used rapeseed)
Method and preparation:
(sorry I didn't take photos of the process)
pre heat your oven to 180/350f
1. mash the banana with a fork in a mixing bowl.
2. sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl.
3.In another bowl , add in the egg, milk, vanilla, oil and milk and whisk well.
4. Now in a separate bowl add the blueberries and a little flour to them .This will help the blueberries from sinking.
5. add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until you don't see and dry flour. Do not over mix, lumpy is good.
6. add the blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
7 . grease your muffin pan and add an equal amount of batter . I used an ice cream scoop.
Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes.
keep an eye on the muffins as oven temps vary.
This recipe makes 6 muffins.
I hope you try out this recipe.
Lovely with a glass of your favourite milk or a cup of tea :)