Wednesday 22 May 2013

Home made Hot chocolate Mix

Who doesn't love a gorgeous silky smooth cup of Hot Chocolate ? I absolutely love it, that's for sure. It's very comforting at anytime of the day and warming on cold wintry Nights :)
I had some unsweetened Coco in the cupboard that I use for baking so I decided to use the rest of it to make a yummy scrummy hot choccy mix :) mmmmmm mmmmm...

Ingredients:
5 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder ( I used Green and Blacks)
2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp vanilla sugar ( blended to a fine powder)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Cornflour 
pinch of cinnamon powder
White chocolate chips (as needed)

Preparation Method:
Blend Vanilla sugar and cornflour together to make a fine powder.




Now add all the powdered ingredients above into a mixing bowl.



Whisk all the ingredients together.




Now add the White chocolate chips and whisk together.



Now your Hot Chocolate mix is ready to use and bottle up.



I used the original tub that the unsweetened chocolate was in.
You can use any jar with a lid.

This mix will last for a very long time :)

To make the Hot chocolate :

Either add the desired amount to a pan with milk and gently heat until the chocolate chips are melted and it's lovely and hot to drink (stirring all the time)
Or:
Put the desired amount into a mug and pour hot milk into it and stir.

Don't forget to add Marshmallows if you like them :)

Enjoy :)


Please check out my Crafting Blog to see how I made this as a gift :)
Ready Steady Create

No comments:

Post a Comment